So I have always spent a ridiculous amount of time reading magazines, blogs, and Instagram accounts. My style has definitely developed based on the blogs I follow. Growing up on the East Coast of Canada there is only so much fashion I can be exposed to! So following bloggers from all over the world has really inspired my style. I thought I would share with you some of my favourite bloggers so you can understand the kind of style I have, so you know what is to come on my blog.
- Sarah Vickers, from Classy Girls Wear Pearls, this was the first fashion blog I ever followed religiously. I use to base my style off of Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, but when I discovered Classy Girls Wear Pearls, I began to highlight a more preppy look New England look.
- Kelsey Tucker, from originally Monogrammed Prep, which then became Kelsey Layne Tucker. I really enjoyed her blog and Instagram account because she is the same age I am, and I would say we have a lot in common. Unfortunately, she has blogged anything since February 2016, but her Instagram is still fantastic!
- Julia Engel, from Gal Meets Glam, is hands down my favourite blogger. I am just so obsessed with everything she wears and I love her lifestyle! She also provides fantastic style tips for travelling which I love so much. It was really Julia’s blog that made me take a step to being more glamorous and feminine instead of just preppy. She wears classics and modern pieces and always looks so feminine and gorgeous. She is also just very entertaining via her Snap Chat stories and such!
- Jenny C, from Margot and Me. I really love Jenny’s elegance, chic, and European style. She makes me want to have a life just as fabulous as hers. I also love her perfect cat eye that is her signature, and if I had straight hair I would probably be convinced to try to rock bangs as well!
- Daphne, from Mode and The City, I love the Parisian style, and I love being able to use my French for a fun reason, instead of work related! My grandmother is obsessed with Paris, and has a very elegant style (even at the age of 82), so I do follow a few Parisian bloggers, but Daphne is hands down my favourite.
- Ashley B, from History in High Heels. This blog when I stumbled upon it I could not believe that there was a blogger who loves my two favourite things in the entire world, fashion & history. She is a historian, what I am in the process of becoming, and she values the importance of being a historian, but also shows off the fact that not all historians just wear tweed jackets, and can still have a very feminine style.
The combination of all these fantastic bloggers inspire me everyday in what I wear, what new beauty techniques I try, and most importantly how far I push myself to try something new.