I am sure that via Instagram… or possibly physically seeing me you will know that I have moved home back to Rothesay New Brunswick for the remainder of the Fall. WELL, what am I doing next??? That is the million dollar question and one that is extremely common among young graduates.
Previously in life, I have always known what the next step is going to be. However, for the first time, I am not sure what my next step in life will be! Half of me is terrified by that notion… will I get a job? Paying back student loans? Where will I live etc etc etc BUT at the same time it means I have no expectations! Maybe I will move to China to teach English, maybe I will move to Australia to work in a museum or maybe I will end up in another location in Canada, who knows! I am just trying to stay positive and not to get discouraged… I have only been home a week! Plus, I am certain the adventures are not over.
One thing I am looking forward to is some well-needed self-love or “Laura time.” My life in Scotland was incredible, but being a Masters student, writing a dissertation, working a part-time job, volunteering, having a social life and trying to take advantages of living in Scotland can be exhausting!!! (But totally worth it).
Here is a list of what I am looking forward to doing over the next few weeks:
- I am working part-time at the New Brunswick Museum (my old summer job) so I will be doing some “actual work”
- READING. I have been terrible at reading novels since I started my history degree in 2013. #1 on the list is Dissolution by CJ Sansom #2 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- Bubble Baths. One thing that I was deprived of living in student accommodation
- Spending time with my family, and that is rather easy to do since I have moved back in with my Mother and Father 🙂
- Yoga! I haven’t gone to a yoga class since the end of August… and my body is not too happy with me about that
- Re-watching Gossip Girl, something I do every Fall
- Going to my favourite restaurants and bars in Saint John, and having lots of dates with my friends who are home!
- FINALLY, looking for jobs allllllllll over the world, seeing the endless opportunities, and soon enough the right one will come along for me