For those of you who follow me on Instagram (@lauraaoland) I am sure you have noticed that breakfast / brunch is my favourite meal of the day. Interestingly enough, I was not a breakfast person until I was eighteen. Growing up I had an intolerance to eggs… and this resulted in me being ill on various breakfast outings. However, I some how managed to grow out of it and when I went to University I decided to try scrambled eggs for the first time in meal hall and I discovered that they did not make me feel sick, so then I gave hard boiled eggs a try, and still felt fine!!! So this led into a breakfast (or an egg) obsession that I still have.
I thought I would share a few of my favourite things to make for breakfast!
- Avocado Toast!!!! This became a favourite meal of mine after living in Sweden. In Sweden and Denmark the open face sandwich is an extremely popular meal, they literally load up their toast so you have to eat it with a fork and a knife. If I am baking breakfast for myself I like to have avocado toast with a pouched egg, a bit of cheese, spinach, smoke salmon and a little bit of hot sauce would be my favourite!
- Frittata. A Frittata is basically a quiche without the crust (therefor easier to make), I like it filled with vegetables including: tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, and peppers.
- Mango Smoothie. Mango is my favourite fruit (and consequently favourite smoothie) when I am making a smoothie I usually throw in any fruits that are in the kitchen at the time. If I was to make my ideal mango smoothie it would include: mangos, banana, a bit of spinach, a splash of orange juice and water.
- Breakfast Sandwich. Often if I am making “breakfast for super” this is what I go to. I like a nice whole grain or sour dough bread, an egg, ham or bacon, avocado, cheese and hot sauce.
- Yogurt and Granola. On an average morning… this is what I end up making (or just grabbing out of the fridge to take to work with me). I like a fruit yogurt, granola and berries all mixed together.
With every breakfast I will make myself a black coffee!! I don’t think I can get through a morning without at least one coffee! Interestingly enough, neither of my parents drink coffee so I definitely picked up my coffee love from my two grandmothers who are both big coffee drinkers.
Well I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite things to make for breakfast! What are some of your favourite delicious to make!?