It sounds crazy to say, but tomorrow is the first day of summer! This has honestly been the longest spring of my life!! I for one am pretty excited about this summer. Saint John is a great location for the summer, there are some many great events that happen uptown like Third Shift, Area 506 and the Moon Light Bazar. Plus the museum is always really busy during the summer!
With summer slowly approaching I thought I would share some of my favourite items for summer.
1. ANYTHING NAUTICAL. Like this awesome Lobster dress I am wearing from Old Navy (which has already sold out!!)
2. Sperry’s. One of my go to shoes in the summer, I have quite a few pairs… ranging from the traditional boat shoe, sneakers, and espadrilles!
3. Sun Dresses. I have always LIVED in dresses but sundresses are a favourite, plus in the summer there are so many fun dresses. I like to always have a couple of staple dresses that I can wear casually and then dress them up a little more.
4. White Blouse. In the summer I tend to wear white with everything so I always like to have a few white blouses on deck. There are so many different styles that I love to mix it up, sometimes I want just a classic collared blouse and sometimes it’s more fun to have a frilly embroidered top!
5. HATS. Sun hats have always been a favourite of mine, I remember I use to have this green floppy hat from Joe Fresh and I always felt like a movie star when I wore it (But it totally protected my face from the sun!!)
I for one am really looking forward to this summer! What are some of your favourite things to wear in the summer?!